Send info, music tracks, events listings etc., to [GOTT.PRODUCTIONS@) Gmail.com]
They are in the Gathering to spin a couple of tracks from their new album Einer Sie Gern!
Saturday,7:30pm - 11:55pm
The Hub, 350 Georgia Street, Vallejo, CA
The Hub Vallejo becomes industrial-tastic for March's first Saturday featuring:
* Slave Unit from San Jose at 8PM
* Untamed Creatures from Crockett at 9PM
* ManifestiV from Vallejo at 10PM who leave for their US Tour afterwards with a limited amount of their new release "Einer Sie Gern" for sale!
$10 suggested donation on a sliding scale.
18+ unless accompanied by an adult.
Northbay 'Zine Fest
Saturday, March 14 at 12:00pm
The Hub Vallejo, 350 Georgia St, Vallejo, California 94590
Featuring inDIYpendent press, comix, & 'zines, plus music and a Punk Rock Art Market.
Plus, the Northbay 'zine Library will feature an extensive selection of strange DIY publications!
Support local artists, find a perfect addition to your collection of rare treasures, buy a unique gift for that one-of-a-kind friend!
Also on hand is Resistance Coffee, the Hub's in-house cafe featuring locally roasted fair-trade coffee, and teas.
Brought to you by the kind folks at the HUB, and the Gathering of the Tribes! Tune in to Ozcat Radio, 89.5 FM in Vallejo, Thursdays 5 to 6pm for interviews, music and 'zine reviews!
Afterwards, join us for a comix-inspires Speakeasy, 9pm, 21+, with a costume contest, and entertainment.
* The Hub Vallejo
* Ozcat Radio 89.5 FM KZCT
"Joker's Wild: All Bets are Off"
A glimpse into what Gotham would be like if Batman were not around to stop the Joker from carrying out his most devious and megalomaniac plans. Descend into madness with the Joker as he trumps Gotham City Police and Villains alike
Starring: Lee Presson......The Joker Misha Frankly......The Penguin Stefi Pelletier......Harley Quinn Lindsay Ferguson......Catwoman Amy Poli......Poison Ivy Bill BurnsGordon Erik Bigglestone......Scarecrow Joe Price......Buster the Goon Ben Seeman......The Riddler
Directed By: Shawn Viaggi [http://www.d20digital.com/]
Return Of The Pagan Festival: Spirituality Through Service
Saturday, May 9, 10AM to 5PM
Civic Center Park, 2151 Martin Luther King Jr. Way, Berkeley
Join us for the Return of the Pagan Festival on Saturday, May 9, 2015, in Martin Luther King, Jr. Civic Center Park, in Berkeley, California. The Festival will feature public ritual, altars, stage performances, Authors Circle, Druid Story Telling, a Speakers Pavilion, and the Pagan Market Place.
This year’s theme is Spirituality Through Service. We are honoring Crystal Blanton as the Keeper of the Light. The Master of Ceremonies is Shay Black.
Vendors, Volunteers, Authors, Performers, Speakers, Security, Altarists and Story Tellers Wanted!
For more information, please contact Arlynne Camire, Executive Director at email@example.com or 510-872-1188.
* "Exploring the Western vs. Indigenous Intersection in Costa Rican Mythology" (2015-02-16) [http://www.planetshifter.com/node/2244] [https://archive.today/TFliU], Conversation with Douglas Williamson, Earth Charter International and Willi Paul, Mythologist. [begin excerpt]:
Willi: Are there festivals or products that, as you say, create a compromise in the traditions there?
Douglas: I sense that there may be some but my feeling is that most of the impetus is coming from outside Costa Rica. It seems to be a kind of tourism. People come here with the desire for a mixing of indigenous and other traditions, but it doesn't seem to be a Costa Rican impulse for the most part. Costa Rica has a very small and poor indigenous population and the average "Western" Costa Rican is much more interested in a typical North American materialist value system and standard of success than with a traditional indigenous value system. There are some pockets where the indigenous worldview crosses over that I've seen, but it's quite rare. [end excerpt]
* "Greenland is melting – the past might tell what the future holds" (2015-02-20) [https://archive.today/yLuyS]. A team of scientists lead by Danish geologist Nicolaj Krog Larsen have managed to quantify how the Greenland Ice Sheet reacted to a warm period 8,000-5,000 years ago. Back then temperatures were 2-4 degrees C warmer than present. Their results have just been published in the scientific journal Geology, and are important as we are rapidly closing in on similar temperatures.
* "Octopus robot makes waves with ultra-fast propulsion" (2015-02-05) [http://www.southampton.ac.uk/mediacentre/news/2015/Feb/15_21.shtml] [https://archive.today/67d7o]
* "Half spheres for molecular circuits" (2015-02-16) [http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2015/02/150216064820.htm] [https://web.archive.org/web/20150220062819/http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2015/02/150216064820.htm]: Corannulene is a carbon molecule with a unique shape (similar to the better known fullerene) and promising properties. A team of scientists carried out computer simulations of the molecule’s properties and discovered that it might help overcome the difficulties building molecular circuits (i.e., of the size of molecules).
* "Researchers Build Atomically-Thin Gas and Chemical Sensors" (2015-02-18) [http://ucrtoday.ucr.edu/27258] [https://archive.today/Gd1mB]
* "Bar-Ilan University Researcher First to Observe “God Particle” Analogue in Superconductors" (2015-02-19) [https://archive.today/nr697]
* "In the quantum world, the future affects the past; An experiment shows that hindsight and foresight together more accurately ‘predict’ a quantum system’s state than foresight alone" (2015-02-13) [http://news.wustl.edu/news/Pages/future-affects-past-quantum-state.aspx] [https://archive.today/eL7cN]
* "X-ray pulses uncover free nanoparticles for the first time in 3D" (2015-02-04) [http://www.desy.de/news/news_search/index_eng.html?openDirectAnchor=719&two_columns=1] [https://archive.today/NiEUd]
X-ray diffraction image of a truncated twinned tetrahedra nanoparticle.
X-ray diffraction image of a truncated octahedra nanoparticle with 200nm diameter.
X-ray diffraction image of a icosahedra nanoparticle with 240nm diameter.
* "Researchers unveil contact lenses with zoom capabilities" (2015-02-13) [http://www.spacedaily.com/reports/Researchers_unveil_contact_lenses_with_zoom_capabilities_999.html] [https://archive.today/9oySB]
* "See here now: Telescopic contact lenses and wink-control glasses" (2015-02-13) [http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2015-02/epfd-shn020915.php] [https://archive.today/XH4qe]
* "Why Did Russian Cosmonauts Carry Shotguns and Machetes in Space?" [http://sputniknews.com/art_living/20150213/1018241064.html] [https://archive.today/bczKS]
* "The origin of the magnetic field covering the Sun has been discovered" (2015-02-20) [https://archive.today/O0TBO]
* "NASA’s Dawn spacecraft’s latest photo reveals bright spot on dwarf planet Ceres has second bright area nearby" (2015-02-27) [https://archive.today/UhHRE].
This image was taken by NASA’s Dawn spacecraft of dwarf planet Ceres on Feb. 19 from a distance of nearly 29,000 miles (46,000 kilometers). It shows that the brightest spot on Ceres has a dimmer companion, which apparently lies in the same basin. (NASA/JPL-Caltech/UCLA/MPS/DLR/IDA)
* "Unidentified Lunar Objects (ULO)" [http://lunomaly.com/resources-2/]
* Earth sized object near sun drawing plasma: "Conspiracy theories claim mysterious planet-sized 'Death Star' has been captured on video as it 'refuels' at the surface of the sun" (2012-03-14) [https://archive.today/2EKsb] [begin excerpt]: An orbiting Nasa space telescope captured a dark, planet-sized object flying close to the sun on Monday - and extending what looks like a refueling tube into the star's surface. The black, Death Star-like, orb is briefly engulfed in light from the sun, then flies off into space. A video edited from the Solar Dynamics Observatory's photos inspired a wave of speculation on YouTube. The imagery was captured by Nasa's Solar Dynamics Observatory and edited together by a YouTube user, Sunsflare, who challenged experts to explain the strange 'visitor.' Naturally, the space agency has a rather more ordinary explanation for the strange, black orb. It's not a visitor from another solar system - or a planet being born out of the surface of the sun, as others had speculated. Instead, it's a solar 'prominence' or 'filament' - a feature extending out from the sun which forms over the course of a day, and can extend hundreds of thousands of miles into space. Scientists are still puzzled as to why these features form. The 'dark' parts are material cooler than the surrounding solar matter. [end excerpt]
More of it here [https://archive.today/mQemL].
The "Mayan Ruins" of northern Georgia, at the ancestral homeland for the Cherokee People.
* "1,100-year-old Mayan ruins found in North Georgia" [https://archive.today/aqlR7]
Unfortunately, to prevent looters and sight seers from visiting, the local Forestry services took measures to close off the ruins, as seen here [https://archive.today/UUUvl] and at [https://archive.today/5vLS0]